- Andreas J. Kostenberger, L. Scott Kellum, and Charles L. Quarles, The Lion and the Lamb (Nashville: B&H Academic, 2012), 109.
- Doug Ponder, “Why Did Jesus Turn Water into Wine?,” Tabletalk, December 5, 2018, https://tabletalkmagazine.com/posts/why-did-jesus-turn-water-into-wine/.
- Erik Raymond, “Why Did Jesus Make So Much Wine?,” April 18, 2018, https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/erik-raymond/jesus-make-much-wine/.
- “Was Jesus being rude to Mary when He referred to her as ‘woman’ in John 2:4?,” accessed July 19, 2021, https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Mary-woman.html.
- Strong’s G4100, Blue Letter Bible, accessed June 7, 2021, https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g4100/csb/mgnt/0-1/.
- Mishnah Shabbat 7, accessed via Sefaria on June 13, 2021, https://www.sefaria.org/Mishnah_Shabbat.7.2?lang=bi.
- “Why did Jesus spit for some of His miracles?,” accessed July 19, 2021, https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-spit.html.
- Warren W. Wiersbe, The Bible Exposition Commentary (Colorado Springs, Cook Communications Ministries, 2001). 329.
- C. S. Lewis, as quoted by Preben Vang and Terry G. Carter in Telling God’s Story (Nashville: B&H Academic, 2021).
- D. A. Carson, The Farewell Discourse and Final Prayer of Jesus (Ada, MI: Baker Publishing Group: 2018).
- Don Stewart, “Did Jesus Receive a Fair Trial?,” Blue Letter Bible, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_250.cfm.
- Bruce Barton et. al, Life Application New Testament Commentary (Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 2001) 122.
- Cahleen Shrier, adapted by Tally Flint, “The Science of the Crucifixion,” Azusa Pacific University, March 1, 2002, https://www.apu.edu/articles/the-science-of-the-crucifixion/.
- “Golgotha,” Encyclopedia Britannica, July 20, 1998, https://www.britannica.com/place/Golgotha/additional-info#history
- “Golgotha and the Temple Mount,” ESV.org, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.esv.org/resources/esv-global-study-bible/illustration-43-golgotha/.
- “Jerusalem Archaeological Sites: Mount Moriah,” Jewish Virtual Library, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/mount-moriah.
- “Preparation Day,” Encyclopedia of the Bible, Bible Gateway, https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/encyclopedia-of-the-bible/Preparation-Day.
- Miriam Feinberg Vamosh, “Pink Wool to Ponchos | What People in Ancient Israel Really Wore,” Haaretz, December 26, 2013, https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-what-people-in-ancient-israel-really-wore-1.5304235.
- “Witness,” Jewish Virtual Library, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/witness
- John M. Mulder, Sealed in Christ (Louisville: Geneva Press, 1991), 24.
- Strong’s G25, Blue Letter Bible, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g25/csb/mgnt/0-1/.
- Strong’s G5368, Blue Letter Bible, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g5368/csb/mgnt/0-1/.
- Don Stewart, “What Do We Know about the Twelve Disciples?,” Blue Letter Bible, accessed June 11, 2021, https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_1322.cfm.
- Andy Rau, “Letters to the Church: The Epistle to the Ephesians,” Bible Gateway, March 1, 2016, https://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2016/03/letters-to-the-church-the-epistle-to-the-ephesians/.
Jim Elliot, as quoted by Elisabeth Elliot in Shadow of the Almighty (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1989), 11.
Join the Study
Join Tara-Leigh Cobble in this 7-session study as she breaks down the intimidating doctrine of the Trinity. You’ll discover a beautiful, foundational view of our Triune God that will transform how you relate to Him. Understanding God’s three-in-oneness and each of the Persons of God individually—Father, Son, and Spirit—will lead you to deeper intimacy with God and greater joy in knowing Him!